Wednesday, September 20, 2017

#WIPitUP - 9/20/17 - Learning to be Little - Kelly gets fed dessert #Ageplay #SpankingRomance


WIP: Work in progress.  WIP it up Wednesday is a hop where writers share portions of the project they're working on with readers.  I really like the idea because it allows me to share something that's still in the creative stage as well as work behind the scenes as a prompt to keep me writing.

The WIP I've chosen to share today is tentatively titled "Learning to be Little"  It is a story about Kelly Franklin's first immersion into BDSM with a Daddy Dom.

Because of some feedback I've received, I want to stress that this book begins in the present with Kelly seated on her Dom's, Jim Evans, lap directly after "A Dom's Dilemma," the book which introduces readers to Kelly and Jim's evolving relationship. In Dilemma, Jim asks Kelly how she became involved in BDSM, so she tells him about Graham White, the gentlemanly stranger who rescued her from the streets. After hearing a little about her past, Jim better understands the sort of relationship his girl needs and is prepared to be the stern protector she requires. Then Kelly receives a threat from a previous Dom that endangers her life. Jim, a police detective, shoots the transgressor and after reassuring a terrified Kelly that's she's safe, proposes marriage. Still reeling from a day that included an unexpected proposal on top of a murderous attack on her life, an exhausted Kelly takes a memory tour back to her past and the more carefree days she shared with Graham.

Learning to be Little is my first attempt at depicting the dynamics of age play, and because it occurs in Kelly's past with her first, but not last, Dom, it is also a little different from other age play stories available today. However, I hope readers who enjoy age play and D/s will find their journey into Kelly's past an entertaining, sometimes funny, sometimes poignant, adventure. Though the manuscript has been accepted by Blushing Books, until it's published, I consider it a WIP.

The mock cover I used for Camp NaNo
I'm continuing where I left off last time. As an only child born to two only children, a young and precocious Kelly Franklin seeks out her Daddy whenever something frightens her. Unfortunately, her Daddy isn't available to soothe her and two strange men were hurting her mother. Scared, Kelly remains as quiet as a mouse in her parent's closet until the police pull her out. Twelve years later, Kelly still suffers nightmares from that time and finds herself walking the streets. When she is approached by a "gentlemanly stranger", who invites her to dinner, Kelly accompanies her new "customer" into a fancy restaurant with well-founded suspicion and a bit of an attitude that could get her into trouble if she isn't careful. However, despite her uncertainty over the gentleman's intentions, Kelly does her best to do what he wants.


"Bring the young lady pudding, Andrew, but serve it to me, please."
"Yes, sir," Andrew replied and left without so much as a blink of surprise.
Considering his request a bit unusual, Kelly asked, "Do you come here often?"
"On occasion, yes. They know what I prefer."
"Apparently so."
"As you will, too, if we choose to continue our association." He paused when Andrew set a china bowl of chocolate pudding before him, along with a spoon. "Thank you." After the waiter left, Mr. White gazed pointedly at Kelly. "Scoot your chair around the table, child, so you're closer to me."
She gave him a slight scowl but obeyed. Once she was positioned the way he wanted, he dipped the silver utensil into the pudding and held it to her lips. The moment she opened her mouth, he fed her the first spoonful. The confection was rich and chocolaty, and if he preferred to feed it to her, she'd play along, though she suspected he possessed some sort of father complex.
"While you eat, I shall continue to ask more questions."
Given this was all on his nickel, Kelly agreed without an argument.
"Where do you live?"
That drew her up. Did she really want this man, who ordered her food, made her wear a napkin under her chin, cut up her meat, and insisted on feeding her dessert, to know where she slept? Frowning, she hesitated to answer him. She could lie, but, if she did and he caught her in the fib, she imagined he would grow quite angry. And she didn't want that, either.
"Are you afraid what I might do with that information?"
"A little," she confessed.
"I can assure you I only mean to discover how far we need to travel in order to collect any belongings you may wish to bring with you.
"I don't have much, but why would I need to collect any of my things?"
"All in good time, my dear. All in good time."




Graham White is definitely "auditioning" Kelly to see if she's a likely candidate for him to bring home.

Hope you enjoyed the excerpt.  Thanks for visiting.  Now go visit the other authors and see what they're sharing by either clicking one of the links below, or visiting WIP it up Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. Intriguing snippet Kathryn, interesting how far he is going considering they have only just met, and that Kelly is playing along.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I want to know why he wants her address too. Does he think that Kelly is going to move in with him right away? I can't wait to find out! Great snippet, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.